Who doesn’t like green beans? Green beans is one of my favorite vegetables and I will never get tired of eating this. Every time we go to chinese buffet this is the food I always get, and I can eat more even if I’m full. So I decided I will cook green beans (and a dessert) on Thanksgiving Day. Thanks comfy belly for the recipe.
- 1 pound of string beans (stems removed and cleaned and pat dry if you want to)
- about 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- about 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (or toasted sesame oil)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (or toasted sesame seeds)
- pinch of hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the string beans, olive oil and salt. Sometimes I just spray the oil on the beans and then mix them to make sure they go on evenly. No need to go heavy on the oil or salt – just a light brushing is good.
- Place the beans on a piece of foil or other surface for easy clean-up, and then place the foil on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the beans are roasting, in a bowl, mix together the honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- After the 10 minute mark, pour the honey-sesame mixture over the beans, stir them up on the sheet with a fork to coat them well, and then sprinkle the sesame seeds over the beans.
- Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with hot red pepper flakes (optional).