This is the same with the first version only better. What’s the difference? This one is properly made and the other one is, let’s just say, I have little experience in cooking at that time. It’s just a Jello, anyone can make this. There’s no big deal, I know! But I’m very happy the way it turned out. I changed the recipe a little bit and also the procedure. So here it is.
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 and 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- handful of raisins and peanuts
- boil the coconut milk. use a deep pan
- after boiling, pour 1 can of evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar and corn kernels. bring to boil.
- on the other hand, mix the remaining evaporated milk with corn starch. When the cornstarch is dissolve, pour it in the mixture.
- stir it until its sticky.
- prepare the container you’re going to use. I would suggest something with design just like a jello container. spray oil and then spread raisins and peanuts.
- pour the sticky maja blanca. cover it when its not anymore warm (don’t cover when its still warm coz it will create moist inside)
- put it in the fridge for awhile or until its cold.
- when ready to serve, flip it over with a plate or anything flat. get the container slowly and be careful not to break it. serve and enjoy the creamylisciousness of maja blanca! 🙂